Sunday, April 25, 2010

Promotion

Why do two colours, one put next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. Just as one can never learn how to paint. Pablo Picasso.

On Friday evening I received a message on Flickr that I was now the administrator of a Group called VIVID COLOURS, oops I thought, I hadn't posted anything there for ages. The group was down to only three members including me. Well I thought this ought to be right up my street since my paintings often turn out very colourful. I started recruiting and this morning when I looked we have 29 members yippee.

Here is a link to the group VIVID COLOURSSo at a time when Mother Nature is starting to colour up, I now how somewhere else to play when it is hot outside!

I have been reading a great book about an artist called Enzo Cini who spent most of his life in France and ten years in Bretagne in a place named Treguier. His art was often bursting with colour vivid and vibrant! Here is a link that mentions him....(actually I look at the pictures a lot, since the book is all in French haha.)

Here are two of my recent contributions to the Flickr Group.

Autumn forest ferns

Black n Blue
The French word éclatant means shining or brilliant
The French word vive has many meanings like vivid bright vivacious
Etymology for the word vivid

10 comments:

LadyFi said...

Fabulous. Is that last photo one of a painting or is it a photo? It's superb!

bindu said...

That's a nice job! I like your blue and black painting. Very vivid flashes of color.

Blu said...

It is a photograph LadyFi, thanks bindu

Petit Minou said...

If you have never visited Tréguier you should try to get there, it is a lovely town with a beautiful church and is in a beautiful area of Brittany

Ashley Ashbee said...

Black and Blue is awesome which is kind of weird coming from me because I'm usually not interested in abstract art... It seems you have an ongoing romance with the colour blue...

French Fancy... said...

I can't believe you used to be so dismissive about your painting ability, Blu. To me - the first painting is gorgeous and the second (I know it's a photo) is one of your best ever snaps yet.

Well done on the increased membership

Ken Devine said...

Well done Blu...exceptional as usual.
Where is the link to Enzo incidentally? I'd like to check him out.

Blu said...

Thanks all, the link did work, when I clicked yesterday.

Carol said...

I would love to join but since most of my stuff is in black and white I don't think I qualify!!

Love the pics as usual.

C x

Wall Flower Studio said...

Excellent work, Blu. I just love the colours! : )