Friday, March 2, 2012

Bonjour

Hi I am still here, I started a new blog on Wordpress just because, got back into Pinterest, visited an old website and neglected others!  BTW (Blogger is so easy to use!!)  Been rather busy working on my French handouts for the French learning English and neglecting my own French homework!

During a fairly recent car journey to a French port, (I was the passenger) and I gazed at the night sky en route and looked at the stars, and then a thought popped into my head who invented the call sign MayDay, I realised it had to have a French connection.

And yes wikipedia tells me . It derives from the Frenchvenez m'aider, meaning "come help me"  It was thought up  by Frederick Stanley Mockford (1897 - March 1, 1962), a senior radio officer at Croydon airport.
Read more here


I have been out with my camera, here are a few pictures taken over the last few weeks, cold days in the forest, a sunny morning on the beach, and a few blue sky shots :-)








Well I hope you are all well, and I will pop back in a few days and add some more images.


À bientôt, or see you later.

6 comments:

LadyFi said...

Wow - what stunning shots! Magical. (Glad to see you back here.)

BTW, you have word verification on and it's almost impossible to read those words. You might want to switch it off...

Cat said...

I love, love, love the tree shots!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I didn't know that about May Day--pretty funny now it is a Anglicization of m'aidez! I'm going to try to find you on Pinterest.

Lalique said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J Cosmo Newbery said...

À bientôt indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you back on your blog soon. Don't abandon us for Pinterest... ;-)