Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fluttering and buzzing

Just like everywhere else there is a worry about the bees or should I say a lack of them! Click on the picture to get a better look at these flutter byes!




But I cant really say if there are more or less bees around?...The French word for bee is abeille and there certainly were lots of bees and butterflies a buzzing and fluttering this morning. The tracks or chemin de terre around the village are like little tunnels because the maize has grown so high. It really does affect the landscape. I think that I prefer the scenery in the springtime! Now it is so dark in places the bees and butterflies all zoom in on a flower where the sun penetrates the canopy above.



Two months back the maize had just started to grow and we still had views.


I think that it is a shame that we mess around with food as much as we do, ie GM and chemicals.

I am told that the maize is mainly used for cattle feed around here. I do remember this recipe from many years back called Hush Puppies .........great name eh. I think sweetcorn was used a lot as a food for poor folks, I love corn on the cob with garlic butter, but you dont see whole corn cobs for sale very often.

Now back to the butterflies........One of my fave tv programmes years ago was Butterflies, I reckon that Wendy Craig was very underated!..I cant embed the video, but just click on the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdEIWu4gT5g


No comments: