Sunday, April 26, 2009

The diet that keeps you at home!

The way he treats his body, you’d think he was renting. ~Robert Brault, robertbrault.com


This week they declared on French tv that French women are the slimmest in Europe. No I have no idea how they arrive at this statistic. On Friday morning two English and two French women meet for a coffee and a chat in Fougères. We sit in the sunshine admiring the beauty of the castle and chat. I was rather surprised that the very, very, slim French lady was on a "regime". She even had her diet sheet with her and questioned what some of the words were in English. Later I asked to look at this two week regime and thought it wasn't really that bad well maybe for a week, well maybe if you could have some wine with your meal, well maybe if.....

But what caught me eye was.....the addition of LIQUID PARRAFIN......quelle horror...I didn't even know they still sold it!

When we walked back up the hill from the castle to the town, I took this very confusing photograph. Can you spot the two fatties!

Two fat men



I hope that you dont need to stay at home for the wrong reasons today. LOL.

The French word for thin is mince, sounds more like mance.

The French slang word for blimey or blast is mince.

Etymology for the word diet.

12 comments:

French Fancy... said...

honestly - liquid paraffin!I've just got a book that I ordered last week - about the French way of eating and how they manage to stay so slim.

I think it's all about portion control and no snacking in between meals - guilty of eating large amounts and also snacks on some days. That's why I'm a little podge :)

Blu said...

its true...liquid paraffin...

and she eats virtually nothing.

Carol said...

Hmmmm.....maybe I should try that I do need to lose weight....but then again...liquid paraffin...perhaps not....life is just waaaay too short!!

C x

claire p said...

Juat started ANOTHER diet. Four days in and going well, no time to get fed up yet. But liquid paraffin! Oookay, maybe not. Liquid chocolate, now I could do that diet.

bindu said...

Might as well be fat and happy! I think eating anything in moderation along with some exercise is good enough.

LadyFi said...

I'm almost too afraid to ask: but what do you DO with the liquid paraffin! Make candles and then eat them??

Everything in moderation and lots of exercise is the key... I hope.. plus a little of what you fancy - i.e. that square of dark chocolate...

Diane said...

I don't know how I missed this post.

I have the book, "French Women Don't Get Fat," and it was interesting. It was about (among other things) enjoying everything you eat... but only enough to REALLY savor the tastes... not so much that the taste loses its appeal. I found it interesting... when I really thought about it, I realized that with most foods (especially the 'bad' ones), it IS just the first few bites that hold the most appeal. After, it's more about finishing and less about really enjoying.

And I really ought to apply that theory to the way I eat on a daily basis, oughtn't I? Sigh.

♥ Braja said...

Liquid paraffin?? lol...good heavens. Strange...thin is one thing but weird is another ;))

Blu said...

Lady Fi..you drink it!!!LOL..

ArtPropelled said...

Sigh....I'll start again on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! blucamels.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent resourceful websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. Keep it that way.

Anonymous said...

Superb gooԁs heгe on blogger.cοm, man.
I'm glad you've had the οppοгtunity to gather
up all this content on this pagе, and I'm liking the way you deliver it. You've taken the effοrt
to make it all at once entertaіning and intelligеnt.
I thinκ I can learn а lοt from уou.
A helpful blog undoubtedly.

Feеl fгee to visit my sitе: 64860