Sunday, October 24, 2010

Come walk with me

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come ~
Chinese proverb ~

~ For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver. ~Martin Luther



Man's heart away from nature becomes hard. ~Standing Bear


I know that if odour were visible, as colour is, I'd see the summer garden in rainbow clouds.
~Robert Bridges, "Testament of Beauty"



To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. ~Helen Keller



If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking.
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.

~Raymond Inmon


I hope that you enjoyed that quick walk with me around the forest, and my favourite park in town.

The French word balade means stroll. ~se balader means to wander along ~ baladeur is French for a walkman.

Etymology for the English word ballad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quotes to go with these exquisite photos!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Wonderful photos, thoughtful quotes. Thank you.

Mark In Mayenne said...

Morning Blu! Nice pics and I love walking too

mixedabilityME said...

Taking my mind for a walk......lovely!!

Blu said...

Thanks for walking with me.