Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slippery tracks

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward. ~Margaret Fairless Barber, The Roadmender

Weather permitting, I have been walking around the fields in the mornings taking advantage of the colours as we slip into winter. I find it a wrench to go out in the evenings when the log fire is roaring and it is dark and cold outside. I keep my eye on the weather forecast, since the roads can be tricky when it gets icy....am I obsessed with the weather?!

Wishing you warm snug homes!

Weather today very cold ~ froid
Temperature tomorrow! below zero ~ en-dessous de zéro
Forecast for tomorrow! freezing fog ~ brouillard givrant,






4 comments:

Ken Devine said...

Hi Blu
Who wouldn't find it a wrench to leave a roaring fire in favour of freezing blackness?

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo!

I find I'm obsessed with the weather too during the winter... mainly because I don't drive in snowstorms or when very icy.

Annick McKenzie said...

c'est tres Anglais ..to be obsessed by the weather.lol.
je n'aime pas l'hiver..I love summer...

Blu said...

It feel too cold to snow today! brrr